[SA-exim] SA-exim uses only tempreject
DOMA Peter
2007-01-18 09:36:43 UTC

I have a problem with an Exim 4.63 and SA-exim 4.2.1 installation.

I set the following threshold levels:

SA: Debug3: expanded SAdevnull = 20.00
SA: Debug3: expanded SApermreject = 12.00
SA: Debug3: expanded SAtempreject = 9.00

However, the only action SA-exim does is tempreject:

SA: Action: temporarily rejected message: score=26.0 required=5.5
trigger=9.0 (scanned in 9/9 secs | Message-Id:
000b01c73a57_17428670_6400a8c0@[...]).
Marc MERLIN
DOMA Peter
2007-02-08 08:58:48 UTC
Sorry for the delay.
The reason tempreject is happening is because devnull and permreject
didn't trigger for some reason.
I looked at the code for you, and the only reason I could find was that
isspam is not being set to 1 (i.e. spamassassin isn't flagging the
message as spam).
I'll admit that it's not super obvious, but sa-exim will not reject a
message, regardless of the score, if SA doesn't say it's spam
If you tweak your SA config according, things should work.
Admittedly, this restriction should go away: sa-exim should just not
care whether SA says it's spam or not, and only look at the spam score
I wrote a mail to the list just a couple of hours later, i
came to the very same conclusion as I looked at the
source, and I reconfigured SA accordingly.

Due to historical reasons i couldn't use the default
headers from SA, and that caused this fault.

However, when I have time I'm willing to create
a patch which solves this problem and handles
this case in a more elegant way.

Thanks for your reply and again, thanks for this
very smart piece of code, it helped to handle
spams in a way I never dreamt of while I was
working with other mailers.

Best regards,
Peter