[SA-exim] SA-Exim does only temprejects
Johannes Walther
2006-03-06 22:42:19 UTC
Hello,

today I activated SA-Exim within my Exim installation.
But though it rejects spam, it doesn't really work.

Versions are SA-Exim 4.2, SA 3.0.3

If I get spam, it's only temporarily rejected, e.g.
with
Action: temporarily rejected message: score=17.5
required=5.0 trigger=7.0
while it should get devnulled. Debug log says
SA: Debug3: expanded SAteergrube = 25.00
SA: Debug3: expanded SAdevnull = 15.00
SA: Debug3: expanded SApermreject = 9.00
SA: Debug3: expanded SAtempreject = 7.00
SA: Debug: SAEximRunCond expand returned: '1'
SA: Debug3: did not find read GREYLIST_ISWHITE string
in X-Spam-Status

The other problem is if I get mail to postmaster it
gets rejected although
SAEximRejCond: ${if !eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Rej:}{Yes}
{1}{0}}
is in sa-exim.conf
and
was set by Exim (checked by looking at the mail saved
into SAtempreject/).

I must have missed something, but what?

Regards,
Johannes

Johannes Walther
2006-03-07 13:55:19 UTC
Post by Johannes Walther
The other problem is if I get mail to postmaster it
gets rejected although
SAEximRejCond: ${if !eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Rej:}{Yes}
{1}{0}}
is in sa-exim.conf
and
was set by Exim (checked by looking at the mail
saved
into SAtempreject/).
Just tested it with
SAEximRejCond: 0
in sa-exim.conf.
Simply doesn't affect anything. It still temprejects.

Johannes

Johannes Walther

Brian Lavender
2006-03-08 04:57:54 UTC
Post by Johannes Walther
Hello,
[snip]
Post by Johannes Walther
The other problem is if I get mail to postmaster it
gets rejected although
SAEximRejCond: ${if !eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Rej:}{Yes}
{1}{0}}
is in sa-exim.conf
and
was set by Exim (checked by looking at the mail saved
into SAtempreject/).
I must have missed something, but what?
Try adding the following to your config area for acl.

/etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/20_check_rcpt_base

warn message = X-SA-Do-Not-Rej: Yes
local_parts = +nosarej:postmaster:abuse

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/
Johannes Walther
2006-03-10 14:20:14 UTC
Post by Johannes Walther
into SAtempreject/).
I must have missed something, but what?
Try adding the following to your config area for
acl.
/etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/20_check_rcpt_base
warn message = X-SA-Do-Not-Rej: Yes
local_parts = +nosarej:postmaster:abuse
Err sorry? Did you read my postings?
The header IS set by exim already but it doesn't help.
Even SAEximRejCond: 0 in sa-exim.conf doesn't prevent
SA-Exim from rejecting.

Johannes

Brian Lavender
2006-03-15 07:10:12 UTC
Post by Johannes Walther
Post by Johannes Walther
into SAtempreject/).
I must have missed something, but what?
Try adding the following to your config area for
acl.
/etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/20_check_rcpt_base
warn message = X-SA-Do-Not-Rej: Yes
local_parts = +nosarej:postmaster:abuse
Err sorry? Did you read my postings?
The header IS set by exim already but it doesn't help.
Even SAEximRejCond: 0 in sa-exim.conf doesn't prevent
SA-Exim from rejecting.
And you had this rule as well?

http://www.brie.com/brian/
Johannes Walther
2006-03-12 16:21:21 UTC
Post by Johannes Walther
today I activated SA-Exim within my Exim
installation.
But though it rejects spam, it doesn't really work.
Versions are SA-Exim 4.2, SA 3.0.3
If I get spam, it's only temporarily rejected,
[..]
The other problem is if I get mail to postmaster it
gets rejected
The problem was that I accidentally deactivated
X-Spam-Flag when installing SpamAssassin.
I deactivated all via clear_headers and readded only
the headers I thought are necessary (for me and
SA-Exim).
I thought the Yes in X-Spam-Status would be the flag
used to detect spam by SA-Exim.

So I'm sorry for the false alarm. But I think you
should make clear what's needed by SA-Exim to work on
the Website/README.

Johannes

Brian Lavender
2006-03-15 07:32:09 UTC
Post by Johannes Walther
Post by Johannes Walther
today I activated SA-Exim within my Exim
installation.
But though it rejects spam, it doesn't really work.
Versions are SA-Exim 4.2, SA 3.0.3
If I get spam, it's only temporarily rejected,
[..]
The other problem is if I get mail to postmaster it
gets rejected
The problem was that I accidentally deactivated
X-Spam-Flag when installing SpamAssassin.
I deactivated all via clear_headers and readded only
the headers I thought are necessary (for me and
SA-Exim).
I thought the Yes in X-Spam-Status would be the flag
used to detect spam by SA-Exim.
So I'm sorry for the false alarm. But I think you
should make clear what's needed by SA-Exim to work on
the Website/README.
Oh, you got it! Good. It appears I was shooting off in a different
direction. My experience has been mostly through trial and error.
I was quite excited to stop rejects from a mail server that has my
address under one of its aliases.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/
Brian Lavender
2006-03-15 07:27:04 UTC
Post by Johannes Walther
Hello,
today I activated SA-Exim within my Exim installation.
But though it rejects spam, it doesn't really work.
Versions are SA-Exim 4.2, SA 3.0.3
If I get spam, it's only temporarily rejected, e.g.
with
Action: temporarily rejected message: score=17.5
required=5.0 trigger=7.0
while it should get devnulled. Debug log says
SA: Debug3: expanded SAteergrube = 25.00
SA: Debug3: expanded SAdevnull = 15.00
SA: Debug3: expanded SApermreject = 9.00
SA: Debug3: expanded SAtempreject = 7.00
SA: Debug: SAEximRunCond expand returned: '1'
SA: Debug3: did not find read GREYLIST_ISWHITE string
in X-Spam-Status
The other problem is if I get mail to postmaster it
gets rejected although
SAEximRejCond: ${if !eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Rej:}{Yes}
{1}{0}}
Is the above rule all on one line?
Post by Johannes Walther
is in sa-exim.conf
and
was set by Exim (checked by looking at the mail saved
into SAtempreject/).
I must have missed something, but what?
Hmm, it works for me in a slightly different situation.

I am doing the same for emails coming from a certain IP Address.

I am setting the header which comes out to be (copy and pasted from a
resulting incoming email).

I have the rule in the file
/etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/20_exim4-config_whitelist_local_deny

### acl/20_exim4-config_whitelist_local_deny
#################################
[snip]

acl_whitelist_local_deny:
accept
hosts = ${if exists{CONFDIR/local_host_whitelist}\
{CONFDIR/local_host_whitelist}\
{}}
accept
senders = ${if exists{CONFDIR/local_sender_whitelist}\
{CONFDIR/local_sender_whitelist}\
{}}

warn message = X-SA-Do-Not-Rej: Yes
hosts = 199.237.6.86

In the file /etc/exim4/sa-exim.conf

SAEximRejCond: ${if !eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Rej:}{Yes} {1}{0}}

And no rejects....
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/