[SA-exim] Thanks for sa-exim, and a feature for the wishlist
Marc MERLIN
2007-03-07 15:27:13 UTC
[replying to the sa-exim list]
Hi Marc,
I am a very happy user of sa-exim, and would want to thank you for this
exceptional piece of software. It really does spam fighting easier (as you
already know, of course).
Thanks.
I have a few questions and a feature for the wishlist. Are you still
developing sa-exim? I noticed that there are no new releases since Jan. 2006,
and I don't know if this means that the project is stalled or that there are
no bugs or feature requests. I noticed that sa-exim appears as an sponsored
link at google, which makes me think that you still have interest on it...
I have that google link as a test, because I work at google :)
I'm not after feature creep, sa-exim does everything I need, and almost
everything other people need, so I'm not spending a lot of time for it,
but I still provide the support I can for sa-exim, and gather patches and
suggestions for when I have/take time to make a new release.
My feature request is to be able to control the headers generated and the
report of spamassassin. Lasts versions of exim include an spamassassin
connector which allows to customize the headers generated while scanning the
mail. I would love to have this feature in sa-exim.
That's the first time someone asks for this.
For now, it's not hard to do by adding/copying a few lines of C code in
sa-exim.c, but indeed not in the conf file. Adding the option to add other
random headers acts a fair amount of complexity to the parsing code.
If I get other requests for that, I might add it in the future, or I'll take
patches too :)
Another much simpler option is I can also add/hardcode a few other SA
headers that people might want. What SA headers would you like?

Cheers
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/
Magnus Holmgren
2007-03-07 15:50:44 UTC
My feature request is to be able to control the headers generated and the
report of spamassassin. Lasts versions of exim include an spamassassin
connector which allows to customize the headers generated while scanning
the mail. I would love to have this feature in sa-exim.
What kind of headers? One can add various headers from SpamAssassin, and all
those (that beging with X-Spam-) are added back by SA-Exim.
--
Magnus Holmgren ***@lysator.liu.se
(No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)
Marc MERLIN
2007-03-07 16:28:23 UTC
Post by Magnus Holmgren
My feature request is to be able to control the headers generated and the
report of spamassassin. Lasts versions of exim include an spamassassin
connector which allows to customize the headers generated while scanning
the mail. I would love to have this feature in sa-exim.
What kind of headers? One can add various headers from SpamAssassin, and all
those (that beging with X-Spam-) are added back by SA-Exim.
Indeed, thanks for mentioning that first, I should have started with the
obvious :)