[SA-exim] SEnding spamc -u option?
Tom
2006-12-23 12:45:23 UTC
After extensive searching I haven't been able to find a solution to a
particular *problem* i'm having.

I wish to run a multi-domain webserver and have separate preferences for
each domain (AFAIK spamassassin requires local user accounts as opposed to
the forwarding I require). As such it would be perfect if I could keep a
list of domains and have sa-exim send the -u option to spamc dependent on
these domains.

My knowledge of c is minimal, but I feel something like this would be
possible by keeping a list of domains and users which are checked before
sending the appropriate -u option. This would allow me to keep a set of
options for each domain - which would be more than enough for my purposes.

My apologies if this has been answered before anywhere or if there is a
painfully simple way of doing this, but any light shed on the
subject would be fantastic.

Regards,
Tom

Marc MERLIN
2006-12-23 16:01:47 UTC
Post by Tom
After extensive searching I haven't been able to find a solution to a
particular *problem* i'm having.
I wish to run a multi-domain webserver and have separate preferences for
each domain (AFAIK spamassassin requires local user accounts as opposed to
the forwarding I require). As such it would be perfect if I could keep a
list of domains and have sa-exim send the -u option to spamc dependent on
these domains.
Mmmh, it would still be a problem if you have a spam sent to two of the
domains you have at the same time, as sa-exim wouldn't know what -u to give
Post by Tom
My knowledge of c is minimal, but I feel something like this would be
possible by keeping a list of domains and users which are checked before
sending the appropriate -u option. This would allow me to keep a set of
options for each domain - which would be more than enough for my purposes.
There's been talks about doing some hack where the -u would be linked to an
acl set in the exim config. Long story short, you have to handle the
situation where you have multiple recipients from different domains and/or
with different configs.

Someone, or I will eventually allow -u to take an exim variable, and people
would then have to work out what they do with the mail, and multiple
recipient conflicts in the exim config, so that sa-exim doesn't have to
care :)

But long answer short: today, you can't do this with sa-exim, nor do I know
of any simliar software that lets you do this, just because it's both hard
and will ever only be an incomplete solution at best.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/
Magnus Holmgren
2006-12-24 11:38:03 UTC
Post by Tom
After extensive searching I haven't been able to find a solution to a
particular *problem* i'm having.
I wish to run a multi-domain webserver and have separate preferences for
each domain (AFAIK spamassassin requires local user accounts as opposed to
the forwarding I require). As such it would be perfect if I could keep a
list of domains and have sa-exim send the -u option to spamc dependent on
these domains.
SpamAssassin requires local usernames in the classical setup, but if you use a
database to store user settings and data it should be possible to have
usernames in any format.

I've written (and presented Marc with) code that lets you specify the username
passed with -u to spamc. I could make a patch available.
--
Magnus Holmgren ***@lysator.liu.se
(No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)