[SA-exim] Help with SAEximRunCond
Torsten Mueller
2008-07-12 18:01:53 UTC
Hello,

possibly someone can help me.
Currently i run exim 4.69 with sa 4.2.1 with

SAEximRunCond: ${if and {{!def:authenticated_id}
{def:sender_host_address} {!eq {$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq
{$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}{Yes}} } {1}{0}}

To build a spamtrap i would like to exclude some E-mail addresses.
As an example E-Mail i want to exclude ***@archesoft.de

I already tried some things, but it didn't work yet.

Is there a working example around, that shows me, how i could
do that ?

Thanks
Torsten
Marc MERLIN
2008-07-12 23:35:14 UTC
Post by Torsten Mueller
Hello,
possibly someone can help me.
Currently i run exim 4.69 with sa 4.2.1 with
SAEximRunCond: ${if and {{!def:authenticated_id}
{def:sender_host_address} {!eq {$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq
{$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}{Yes}} } {1}{0}}
To build a spamtrap i would like to exclude some E-mail addresses.
I already tried some things, but it didn't work yet.
Is there a working example around, that shows me, how i could
do that ?
It's not super clear what you're trying to do.
Are you trying not to run sa-exim the envelope from is
***@archesoft.de?

If so, ok, although I don't understand why.

Usually people let sa-exim run and just disable the spam check by lowering
the spam score a lot in the spamassassin config, but if this is not good for
you please describe exactly what you tried so that it's easier to help.

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/
Torsten Mueller
2008-07-13 02:19:16 UTC
Post by Marc MERLIN
Post by Torsten Mueller
Hello,
possibly someone can help me.
Currently i run exim 4.69 with sa 4.2.1 with
SAEximRunCond: ${if and {{!def:authenticated_id}
{def:sender_host_address} {!eq {$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq
{$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}{Yes}} } {1}{0}}
To build a spamtrap i would like to exclude some E-mail addresses.
I already tried some things, but it didn't work yet.
Is there a working example around, that shows me, how i could
do that ?
It's not super clear what you're trying to do.
Are you trying not to run sa-exim the envelope from is
No, i try to not run sa-exim, if the local receiving
E-Mail would be ***@archesoft.de.

So , if $local_part eq spamtrap and $local_receiving_domain eq
archesoft.de , then do not run sa-exim.

I hope, i described it better now ;-)
Post by Marc MERLIN
If so, ok, although I don't understand why.
Usually people let sa-exim run and just disable the spam check by lowering
the spam score a lot in the spamassassin config, but if this is not good for
you please describe exactly what you tried so that it's easier to help.
Possibly i should check the spamassassin config and exclude checking
there ?

Thanks
Torsten
Eduardo Diaz Comellas
2008-07-13 09:53:48 UTC
Post by Torsten Mueller
Post by Marc MERLIN
Post by Torsten Mueller
Hello,
possibly someone can help me.
Currently i run exim 4.69 with sa 4.2.1 with
SAEximRunCond: ${if and {{!def:authenticated_id}
{def:sender_host_address} {!eq {$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq
{$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}{Yes}} } {1}{0}}
To build a spamtrap i would like to exclude some E-mail addresses.
I already tried some things, but it didn't work yet.
Is there a working example around, that shows me, how i could
do that ?
It's not super clear what you're trying to do.
Are you trying not to run sa-exim the envelope from is
No, i try to not run sa-exim, if the local receiving
So , if $local_part eq spamtrap and $local_receiving_domain eq
archesoft.de , then do not run sa-exim.
I hope, i described it better now ;-)
The best implementation I can think of is adding the X-SA-Do-Not-Run
header in the ACL section of exim. It is easy to maintain and to
understand, it can be split into multiple files for different
conditions, etc.

Regards
Magnus Holmgren
2008-07-13 10:16:23 UTC
Post by Eduardo Diaz Comellas
Post by Torsten Mueller
No, i try to not run sa-exim, if the local receiving
So , if $local_part eq spamtrap and $local_receiving_domain eq
archesoft.de , then do not run sa-exim.
I hope, i described it better now ;-)
The best implementation I can think of is adding the X-SA-Do-Not-Run
header in the ACL section of exim. It is easy to maintain and to
understand, it can be split into multiple files for different
conditions, etc.
I would recommend using ACL variables instead of header fields, which cannot,
since there is no remove_header ACL modifier and the system filter isn't
applied until delivery, easily be cleared out first to prevent forgery.
--
Magnus Holmgren ***@lysator.liu.se
(No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)
Torsten Mueller
2008-07-13 12:35:07 UTC
Post by Torsten Mueller
No, i try to not run sa-exim, if the local receiving
So , if $local_part eq spamtrap and $local_receiving_domain eq
archesoft.de , then do not run sa-exim.
I hope, i described it better now ;-)
I think i am a step closer:

SAEximRunCond: ${if and { {!eq {$received_for}{***@archesoft.de}}
{!def:authenticated_id} {def:sender_host_address} {!eq
{$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}{Yes}} }
{1}{0}}

The received_for variable should work, if there's only one recipient.

Torsten
Marc MERLIN
2008-07-13 15:09:27 UTC
Post by Torsten Mueller
Post by Torsten Mueller
No, i try to not run sa-exim, if the local receiving
So , if $local_part eq spamtrap and $local_receiving_domain eq
archesoft.de , then do not run sa-exim.
I hope, i described it better now ;-)
{!def:authenticated_id} {def:sender_host_address} {!eq
{$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}{Yes}} }
{1}{0}}
The received_for variable should work, if there's only one recipient.
Aaah, you were looking at 'for', not 'from'.
I honestly don't remember so you'll have to try, but I'm not sure you can
look for $received_for at DATA time since you may have more than one
recipient by Email.
You are right that if there is only one recipient, it ought to work, but I'm
not certain it does.

If that does not work, SA-Exim creates a X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To header which you
can then check in SpamAssassin to exclude your user.

Torsten Mueller
2008-07-14 22:17:33 UTC
Post by Marc MERLIN
Post by Torsten Mueller
{!def:authenticated_id} {def:sender_host_address} {!eq
{$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}{Yes}} }
{1}{0}}
The received_for variable should work, if there's only one recipient.
Aaah, you were looking at 'for', not 'from'.
I honestly don't remember so you'll have to try, but I'm not sure you can
look for $received_for at DATA time since you may have more than one
recipient by Email.
You are right that if there is only one recipient, it ought to work, but I'm
not certain it does.
It seems to work this way with one recipient.

Now i 'only' must configure my other exim ACLs to not refuse such mail
for other reasons.

Thanks so far,

Greetings Torsten