[SA-exim] SA being bypassed or not processing some mails
Marc MERLIN
2006-08-27 14:28:36 UTC
I have an issue with Exim and SA on a remote host where SA is not processing
some mails but is processing others.
Exim: V4.52
SA: V3.1.4
Linux Host
SA: IS enabled,
SpamBox : IS ENABLED
I have toggled them off then on again to be sure. CPanel shows them enabled.
SA-Exim is not running at all, in either of your mails. You have no
X-SA-Exim headers.
Check your exim/sa-exim configuration and exim logs to see why the sa-exim
module isn't being run

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/
Marc MERLIN
2006-08-27 22:56:17 UTC
Post by Marc MERLIN
SA-Exim is not running at all, in either of your mails. You have no
X-SA-Exim headers.
Check your exim/sa-exim configuration and exim logs to see why the sa-exim
module isn't being run
Have never had X-SA-Exim headers and SA has been running prior to this just
fine, and fills up the SA SpamBox, and still does, it just selectively processes
mail. I've went back thru years worth mail from this host and never had
X-SA-Exim headers.
HTML_MESSAGE,USER_IN_WHITELIST autolearn=no version=3.1.4
Then something changed where it process some mail, then it doesn't process some
mail, then repeats the cycle, process, no process, process....
I can't tell you what runs SpamAssassin on 1.alexsrv41.com, this is for you
to know :)
I just know that SA-Exim isn't running, which is why I recommended that you
look at the SA-Exim and exim configs to see if it's actually turned on.
(maybe your exim isn't even loading the sa-exim module)
Until you see some 'SA:' headers in /var/log/exim/mainlog (or wherever),
SA-Exim isn't being run